Incognito in Saint Louis

Slowly unleashing the secrets of city life.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Motherfucking Marsha Brady Club


Okay, so I've been trying to get more involved in volunteer organizations in the city. Here is the problem: all of the meet and greets are at BARS. I confess; I do partake of a drink or two when I feel the need. However, I want to learn about your organization. I want to do it in a professional manner. Please, have a least one meeting without debauchery; else I think you're a joke.

Also, don't insult me or anyone else when you put in your mission statement that you are about "diversity", and then you entire "cabinet" looks like this freaking Marsha Brady Club. I was highly disappointed and it pretty much reaffirmed my thinking that you put in diversity to appear "hip" and "pc". It was a freaking young, blonde, skinny girl's club. I don't want that!!! I work in a diverse environment. I live in a diverse environment.

So, with that being said, I plan on working with an organization in St. Louis that ACTUALLY is diverse, not one that makes themselves feel better by stating it in their mission statement. Talk is cheap. Actions is where it is at. Hell, you don't even have activities in diverse areas. You are having your meeting at a sports type bar on Morganford? Get the smelling salts, I'm going down from shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home