Incognito in Saint Louis

Slowly unleashing the secrets of city life.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Forest Park Southeast

On Wednesday, I went to a Community Safety Meeting for my neighborhood, Forest Park Southeast.

Several different topics were addressed, including appropriate 9-1-1 calls, resident questions, and community development.

While I believe that several resident made valid points about this up and coming neighborhood, I was dismayed with a young gentlemen who had the nerve to complain about the price of the "fancy chicken wings" and how that money can be used for youth programs. They weren't $10, 000 chicken wings, dude. The hypocrite was the first one at the buffet table when the meeting was adjourned. A community group cannot help youth without the aid of concerned parents.

The next meeting is in April. I'll update then. If you have the opportunity, check out the neighborhood, as many changes are always happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home