Incognito in Saint Louis

Slowly unleashing the secrets of city life.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Suburban White People Decoded

"Bad" neighborhood: Any neighborhood where the population is not predominantly WHITE

"Wrong" neighborhood: see bad neighborhood

"Sketchy" neighborhood: see bad neighborhood

"I would live in the city, but the public schools are so terrible and we can't afford private schooling": The public school system is not predominantly white and the city is not predominantly white. My beautiful blue eyed, blonde haired daughter might meet a black man and have children with him. What would my friends think?

"
You are the only white person who lives in your neighborhood.": There are more than two black people in your ward and living in an area that is not predominantly white is something to be ashamed of because I would be ashamed. What would my friends think?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home